Date last modified: 20 October 2015
The Dream Learners website and mobile app (the platform) is owned and operated by Dream Learners Limited (Dream Learners) a company incorporated in England whose registered address is Summit House, 170 Finchley Road,, London, United Kingdom, NW3 6BP and whose company number is 08144906.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering on our platform, subscribing to our emails, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our platform.
· If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
· We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
· Details of your visits to our platform including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our platform and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
· To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
· To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our platform according to your individual interests.
· To speed up your searches.
· To recognise you when you return to our platform.
Where we store your personal data
We don’t send the data that we collect from you outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). However, it just may be possible that your data is transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA by or to staff who work for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
Our secure server technology means that any of your personal data submitted to us through the platform will be as kept secure as we can.
Our secure server software encrypts information, ensuring that Internet transaction stay private and protected. Dream Learners uses a security protocol called "SSL3".
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from our platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· For internal marketing analysis and administration.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to our service.
Where you have given consent we may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Dream Learners or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dream Learners, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) and will collect your consent in accordance with current legislation if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.